Wings of fate.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elliot Morgan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
srw464

srw464

Elliot Morgan Empty
PostSubject: Elliot Morgan   Elliot Morgan I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 pm

When we were little me and the Redbird siblings would play together all the time. They were so comical. Cora and Blake were always arguing over the littlest things. They were both always convinced they were right. Sally was so sweet. Layla didn't talk much, but that was okay. I was such good friends with all of them. That is, until their father died.
~~~~

I was 6 years old when it all began to fall apart. I was on my way to the Redbird's house to see if they wanted to play. I knocked on the front door and their mother answered.

"Hello, Mrs. Redbird," I said. "Can Blake and the others come play?"

She looked at me sadly and I wondered what was wrong.

"Their father is set to hang tomorrow," she said. I gaped.

"But-why?" I asked. Her sadness turned to anger.

"I don't believe that's any of your business," she said and shut the door in my face, leaving me to wonder.
~~~~

The next day I stood in the back at the Redbird's father's hanging. The man announced his crimes. Thieving.
z
'Why didn't they tell me?' I thought sadly. 'We may not be much better off but we could have tried to help!'

I looked over at my friends. Cora didn't look sad or mad. Just....nothing. I frowned. SHe never showed much emotion but I figured she would today. Layla was quiet again. Sally was crying and Blake just looked pained. I wanted nothing more than to run up to each of them and give them a hug. I watched as the man who had often been like a father to me was sentenced to die. He spotted me and gave me a small, sad smile before the executioner pulled the lever.
~~~~

2 weeks later I tried to see if they could play again. Their mother said they were busy.
~~~~

It's been a month now since I've seen them. I miss them, especially Blake. I think I miss him the most.
~~~~

Today we finally got to play again, me and the Redbirds. But it's not the same anymore. They're not as light-hearted as they used to be. Blake and Cora's arguing wasn't funny anymore. IUt was scary and stupid. we were down by the lake.

"Please stop it, guys," I said, stepping between them. They both turned their glares from each other to me. I shrunk beneath their gaze.

"Stay out of this, Elliot," Cora had said. Blake had nodded in agreement. I sighed and stepped back. Sally took my arm.

"Don't worry about them. They're always like that," She said. I smiled sadly and nodded at her, but didn't feel any better.
~~~~

It's been 2 more months. I'm almost 7. I haven't seen the Redbird siblings since that day. I miss them so much. I don't understand why they won't come see me. It's my birthday in two days. Maybe they'll come to visit, say happy birthday. I hope so. I really want to see Blake. I like him.
~~~~

They didn't come. This is the worst birthday I've ever had. Will I ever see them again?
~~~~

I'm 10 now. It's been 2 years since I've seen the Redbirds. They live so close to me, too, and several times I've worked up the courage to go over there but whenever I get close and see one of them I falter. So I just watch them instead. It just makes me miss them more. Especially Blake. Every time I ssee him I feel really sad, sadder than when I see Cora, Layla, or Sally. He was so funny, nice, sweet, kind. And even if he wouldn't admit it, I know he cares about his sisters more than anything else in this world.
~~~~

I was up at the well getting bathwtaer today when I saw Blake.

"Hello, Blake," I said, smiling. He nodded at me but said nothing. I filled up my bucket and left.
~~~~

I walked inside my cottage the next day and saw my mom sleeping. I smiled and went into the kitchen to make dinner as I did almost every night. She had to be out earning money for us, since my father wasn't there to. So the cleaning and cooking often fell to me. But I didn't mind. I cooked a loaf of bread and then walked up the wooden steps and into her room. I gently shook her awake. She smiled tiredly at me and sat up.

"Mom, you need to stop working so hard," I said softly. She shook her head.

"I have to work harder," she said as I cut off a piece of bread for her. I sighed.

"Don't push yourself, okay?" I asked. She nodded but I knew she still would. I wiped my hands on my dress and left.
~~~~

Mom has been sleeping a lot more lately. I came home from the river today to find her sleepign at the kitchen table. She had fallen asleep during her sewing. I took her upstairs but I'm worried about her.
~~~~

Today I went to the lake to do some washing. I saw Blake and Cora, and hid behind a tree. I watched as Blake shoved Cora in. I almost ran out to help her but didn't want them to know I had been watching them. Besides, he was fishing her out now with a rope. But why did he do that in the first place? I waited until they left before I washed the clothes.
~~~~

I talked with Cora for a few minutes today. I ran into her down at the lake.

"Hey, Cora," I said. She smiled at me.

"Elliot, how've you been?" She asked. I was 12. She was 13.

"Good!" I said, glad to see her.

"How's Blake and the others?" I asked. She nodded.

"They're fine. We're all fine," She said.

"That's good," I said, unsure of what else to say now. So she nodded again and left.
~~~~

On my 13th birthday I got sick. I felt bad, putting more on my mom. But I was really sick, so what could I do? I got better in a bit less than a week and then I was up and about doing chores again.
~~~~

I saw Blake today. I tried to get his attention but I don't think he saw me. I think I miss him the most. Even though sometimes he was really annoying, I liked him. And lately I've been feeling something else for him. I'm not sure what. But I want to talk to him so badly. He looks so much more mature now, we all do. After all, we were teenagers now. We were 6 when we played together. Maybe I'm being stupid about thisi. Maybe they don't even want to talk to me. But I just miss them so much......
~~~~

I'm 14 now. I still have barely talked to the Redbirds. I want to, though.
~~~~

Today my mother collapsed while we were out washing. I told her I could do it on my own but she insisted on helping. She's been working too hard lately. I had to practically carry her back home and put her in bed. I hope she'll be okay.
~~~~

I saw Sally today. We talked for a few minutes, but we didn't really know what to say to each other. But it was so nice to hear her voice again.
~~~~

I'm 15 now. My mom is still working herself practically to death. I saw Blake! He's very handsome now. I miss him still, and I'm still having those feelings around him that I don't know what they are.
~~~~

My mom collapsed again today. But this time she didn't wake up. She's dead, and I have to leave and go live with my Aunt and Uncle a few towns away. I want to say goodbye to the Redbirds but wonder if they even remember me. I've been watching them all these years but I
wonder if they even want to see me.
~~~~

I left today for the new town. I took one last look at the Redbird house before I left. I saw Cora's window open and she looked out at me. she saw my bags and waved at me, sensing what was happening. I waved back and left.
~~~~

Today I turned 16. I feel a strange emptiness in my heart. I think that's where the Redbirds used to be. I realized now what I felt for Blake. I loved him. I still do, but I haven't seen him in so long. My Aunt and Uncle are nice, but I miss my mom and my old town. This man is courting me. My Aunt and Uncle say he's rich and it would be good for me to marry him. Marry him! I'm 16! I don't want to get married! Besides, I barely know him! I miss Blake.
~~~~

I was at the market today and I thought I saw a flash of red hair. No one in this town has red hair. I ran after them until they disappeared. I thought it was Blake, but now I think it was all in my imagination. I guess I miss them more than I thought.
~~~~

I went down to the lake today with the man my Aunt and Uncle want me to marry. His name is John. He's nice enough but I don't love him. I still love Blake. He made me a lovely picnic and we walked along the edge of the water. That is, until I fell in.

He tried to save me, but I was washed away. I drowned that day. I woke up in heaven and I had wings. I was a guardian, and that's how it all began.
~~~~
As an angel, I found out there were many jobs. I didn't care; I wanted to go back to earth and see the Redbirds now that I could. But they told me there were rules I had to follow. The person who woke me, as they call it, was named Melody. Annoying little thing. Sweet, though. SHe told me I was to be a guardian, someone who watches over a human. It sounded interesting enough so I agreed. They sent me back to earth to watch over a young boy. I did my job well, but his demon was strong as well.

In the end I lost. The boy was lost to his demon and ended up killing himself. I felt horribly guilty. I told Melody I was wrong for the job of watching over someone. She didn't listen. Told me I would do great. But I killed that little boy, and I never forgave myself for it.
~~~~
Melody told me there was another charge for me. I was going to ask her if there was anyone with the last name Redbird in heaven, or who had died or was maybe even still alive, since it had only been a few years now since I died. She ushered me back to earth so quickly I didn't get a chance. This time my charge was a teenage girl. Her demon was strong too. I was with her for 5 years as her guardian. I fought hard for her but in the end the demon won again. She was spiraled into depression and killed herself. That was the 2nd person I killed. Melody kept telling me it wasn't my fault, but of course it was. I wanted to die now, but I was already dead. I missed Blake and the others and wished I could see them again. They always cheered me up.
~~~~
100 years later I still hadn't seen Blake or the others. I figured either they were demons or were angels and I just couldnt' find them. After all, heaven was a big place. Or maybe they were guardians and were somewhere else. I knew it was selfish of me to want them to stop their duties and find me but I couldn't help it. I may have been dead but I still had my human emotions. I finally asked Melody if she'd seen any of them. She said she knew Blake but didn't know where he was. I sighed and cotinued on. I had a new charge now. A boy about my age. His demon was the worst I had seen so far. I did everything in my power to keep the boy safe, but the demon seemed to be winning. I didn't know what to do. I asked Melody for help but she just told me to do my best. Like /that/ helped at all. I couldn't bear the thought of another one of my charges dying or being lost to the demon. So I did everything I could to keep the demon away from him. In the end, I won. The demon was reassigned by the Goddess of Death. Melody was so proud of me. I was so happy. Only later I found out that another demon had come to that same boy and won. He was dead too. I was crushed. I never knew that even the afterlife could be filled with so much heartache and suffering.
~~~~
My next charge was a teenage boy. The demon with him was the most vile and disugsting one I'd ever met. His name was Jake Midnight. He did his job well, too well. As hard as I tried I couldn't save this boy. One day Jake got him to commit suicide. Another one gone. I hate Jake so much after this. I'd lost with other demons before, but he..../enjoyed/ this too much. He enjoyed the pain and suffering of others, including me. He was the worst demon I'd ever come into contact with and was glad to be able to leave and never see him again, though I was still heartbroken about the boy I had lost. I would never forigver any of those demons, but it was Jake I hated the most.
~~~~
A few years later, I believe it was, when I discovered my powers. Time gets lost easily when you're dead.

Turns out I was a 'Truth Kisser', as they called it. I could sense someone's emotions and change them by kissing them. Interesting power, to say the least. Turns out there's many types of 'Truth Kissers', all being able to do something or change something by kissing someone. Very strange power indeed.
~~~~
((More Later))
Back to top Go down

Elliot Morgan
Page 1 of 1